This privacy statement of Torqx Capital Partners B.V. (hereinafter: Torqx or we/us) applies to the processing of personal data by Torqx concerning its business contacts and website visitors (hereinafter: data subjects).
Torqx collects, holds, uses and/or otherwise processes personal data about you. Based on applicable data protection and privacy law, Torqx qualifies as ‘the controller’ with respect to the personal data that we process in that context.
Torqx respects the privacy of its data subjects and processes personal data in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation, including the GDPR and the GDPR Implementation Act (Uitvoeringswet AVG).
Torqx may collect information directly from you, (indirectly) from third parties or otherwise.
- Directly from you, for example when you provide us with your personal information by contacting us or when a contact person provides his/her personal data by email or by means of a business card;
- Directly from you when you visit our website which may include information you provide to us by means of contact forms;
- om third parties, for example where we obtain your contact details from your employer and/or colleagues, external advisers, head-hunters, recruitment agencies, education providers, assessment agencies, and study- or student association;
- Otherwise, for example, from your website or from trade registers
Personal data we collect might include, inter alia, contacts details (including but not limited to addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses), information about (the representatives of) the companies we enter into agreements with (including but not limited to signatures, position/job title, business information and excerpts of registers), information about how our website is used (including but not limited to IP address, time spent on the website and visited pages) and financial information (such as payment information or bank account details).
Please find a complete overview of all categories of personal data we collect under (“For what purposes and on what legal grounds do we collect your personal data?”).
Torqx processes your personal data for business related purposes (such as identifying or enter into and execute agreements with investors or portfolio companies), for marketing purposes, for financial purposes (such as sending invoices and collecting debts), for legal purposes (such as administration obligations and to deal with possible disputes) and for business quality purposes (such as improving the quality of their services).
Furthermore, we only process your personal data if there is a legal basis for this. Our legal bases are, amongst others:
- The processing is necessary for the performance and execution of a contract with you;
- The processing is necessary for compliance with legal obligations (including our obligations under applicable tax laws, our legal administration obligations, to cooperate with supervisory authorities);
- The processing is necessary for our legitimate (business) interest; and
- The processing is based on your consent.
When we process your personal data based on consent, you have, at any time, the right to withdraw your consent. You can, at any time, opt-out from our newsletter by clicking the opt-out button in the footer of the newsletter.
|Personal data||Purposes||Legal ground|
||To identify our investors and their representatives||1 and 2|
||In order to enter into and execute the agreements related to the investments in ours funds.||1 and 3|
||To identify our portfolio companies and their representatives||1 and 2|
||In order to enter into and execute the agreements related to the investments in portfolio companies||1 and 3|
||The execution of activities aimed at increasing/improving the commercial contact database||3|
||To contact you / to communicate with you, for example via email correspondence and/or telephone calls||1 and 3|
||Financial administration and tax administration purposes, to send you our invoices, to collect debts||1, 2 and 3|
||To deal with possible disputes, to establish, defend and exercise our (legal) position||3|
||For purposes of business continuity||3|
||For marketing purposes, to inform you of new transactions etc. and to run and coordinate business relations events.||3|
||To conduct research and analysis and to improve our services, products, webstore and the quality thereof.||3|
||To obtain analytics and statistics of our website visits and pages visited and to monitor the surfing behaviour of visitors, including for marketing purposes.||3 and 4|
In some cases we share your personal data with third parties. Torqx can share your personal data with:
- Third party as service providers (such as MailChimp, Vistra and Diffuse V.O.F.), external consultants and external associations;
- Third parties, as supervisory authorities and other bodies, to comply with legal obligations;
- Third parties, as potential buyers; and
- Other group companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or portfolio companies.
We will only transfer your personal data to the above mentioned third parties for the purposes stated in this privacy statement, and only to the extent that is permitted under the applicable law and regulations, or if Torqx is obligated to provide the personal data to a competent authority. Where third party service providers to whom we transfer personal data are regarded as processors within the meaning of the GDPR, Torqx will enter into written agreements with these parties. Processors engaged by Torqx will act under the instruction and responsibility of Torqx.
We may transfer personal data to potential buyers in the event of the sale or transfer of all or any part of Torxq’s business, if this is required in the context of that transaction.
We will only share your personal data with other group companies if this is absolutely necessary in order to enter into and execute the agreements related to logistic services and the management of relationships resulting therefrom, including the execution of actives aimed at increasing/improving the client database.
International data transfers
To be able to provide our services, it might be necessary that we transfer your personal data to other countries, including countries outside of the European Union. In that case, we will take all measures necessary to transfer the personal data in a lawful manner to such countries. If you have further questions about the transfer of personal data or wish to obtain a copy of the transfer mechanisms implemented, you can contact us as indicated below.
You, as a data subject, under certain circumstances, have the following rights:
- The right of access, this means you can make a request to obtain access to the personal data concerning you;
- The right to rectification or correction of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of the personal data concerning you;
- The right to restriction of the processing;
- The right to data portability, this means that you have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and that you have the right to transmit those data to another controller;
- The right to object ;
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- The right to withdraw your consent.
We have taken technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to protect your personal data from unauthorized or unlawful processing and from loss, destruction, damage, alteration or disclosure. These measures ensure an appropriate level of security. When you get the impression that your personal data is not appropriately secured, or if there are indications of misuse, please contact email@example.com.
We will not store your personal data longer than necessary to achieve the purposes stated in this privacy statement, unless we are required by law to store the personal data longer. In general, this means that your personal data will be stored if one of the following situations applies:
- Your personal data are necessary to maintain our business relationship with you;
- Your personal data are necessary to protect and defend our rights and properties (usually this means for the duration of the applicable statutory time limit); or
- We are required by law to store your personal data, for example due to tax legislation.
|Category of personal data||Storage period|
||5 years after our contracting/business relationship ended.|
||7 years after the date of the invoice.|
||5 years after you provided us with the (personal) information.|
On our website, we use essential cookies, preference cookies and analytical cookies:
- Essential cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our websites and to use some of its features. Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the website, these cookies do not require your prior consent.
- Preference cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of the website but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
Analytical cookies, such as Google Analytics and Hotjar, allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website, to see how our website is used and where visitors are interested in. This helps us to improve our website, for example by making sure that our website visitors find what they need easily. For more information about Google Analytics, see: https://policies.google.com/privacy
For more information about Hotjar, see: https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy
Third party websites
Cookies are stored on your computer and can be deleted at any time. Click on one of the links below to find out how to do this.
The cookies used by us:
|Cookie name||Provider||Personal data||Purpose||Expiration moment||Type|
|Google Analytics||IP address; time spent on website; visited pages.
|These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our websites are being used or to help us customize our website for you in order to enhance your experience.||365 days||Analytical|
|Hotjar||Hotjar||IP address; time spent on website; visited pages.
|These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our websites are being used or to help us customize our website for you in order to enhance your experience.||1 day||Statistics|
|cookie_consent||Diffuse||None||These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our websites and to use some of its features. Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the website, you cannot refuse them without impacting how our website functions.||365 days||Essential|
|_icl_visitor_lang_js||Torqx||None||These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our websites but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.||1 day||Preference|
If you have any questions or comments about this privacy statement and/or the processing of personal data please contact us via: Torqx Capital Partners B.V., Brediusweg 43 1401 AC Bussum, 035-3037110, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.torqxcapital.com.
Changes to this privacy and cookie statement
We maintain the right to unilaterally change or update this privacy and cookie statement. We will provide notice of these adjustments in accordance with the law. In case of substantive adjustments to this privacy statement, a clear notification will follow, for example via a notification on our website or via email.
Your continued use of our website after any such changes take effect will constitute acceptance of those changes. If you do not accept the updates to this privacy statement, you must cancel the use of our website.