This privacy statement of Torqx Capital Partners B.V. (hereinafter: Torqx or we/us) applies to the processing of personal data by Torqx concerning its business contacts and website visitors (hereinafter: data subjects).
Torqx respects the privacy of its data subjects and processes personal data in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation, including the GDPR and the GDPR Implementation Act.
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Torqx processes the following data about you:
- First and last name;
- Phone number;
- E-mail address;
- Data regarding your peripheral equipment, such as an IP address;
- Data regarding your surfing behaviour;
We collect these data, inter alia, because you provided them to us, for example when entering into a business relationship with us, or by using our website.
Purposes and legal basis for the processing of personal data
Torqx processes your personal data for certain purposes, described below. Furthermore, we process your personal data based on a legal basis. These legal bases are, amongst others: consent, necessity for the performance of a contract or a legitimate interest. Legitimate interests includes: marketing and advertising.
|To maintain contact with you in the as part of our business relationship||– For the performance of a contract and/or the legitimate interest of Torqx|
|Marketing and advertising||– The legitimate interest of Torqx|
|Sending you our newsletter||– The legitimate interest of Torqx and your consent pursuant to the Dutch Telecommunications Act.|
When we process your personal data on the basis of consent, you have, at any time, the right to withdraw your consent. You can, at any time, opt-out from our newsletter by clicking the opt-out button in the footer of the newsletter.
Sharing with others
In some cases we share your personal data with third parties. Torqx can share your personal data with:
- Third party service providers, such as MailChimp; and
- Third parties, as supervisory authorities and other bodies, to comply with legal obligations.
We will only transfer your personal data to the above mentioned third parties for the purposes stated in this privacy statement, and only to the extent that is permitted under the applicable law and regulations, or if Torqx is obligated to provide the personal data to a competent authority.
Where third party service provider to who we transfer your personal data are regarded as processors within the meaning of the GDPR, Torqx will make written agreements with these parties. Processors engaged by Torqx will act under the instruction and responsibility of Torqx.
To be able to provide our services, it might be necessary that we transfer your personal data to other countries, whether or not a member state of the European Union, who ensure an adequate level of protection. In that case, we will take all measures necessary to transfer the personal data in a lawful manner to such countries we and will inform you about it prior to the transfer.
You, as a data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access, this means you can make a request to obtain access to the personal data concerning you;
- The right to rectification or correction of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of the personal data concerning you;
- The right to restriction of the processing;
- The right to data portability, this means that you have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and that you have the right to transmit those data to another controller;
- The right to object to profiling;
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- The right to withdraw your consent.
We have taken technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to protect your personal data from unauthorized or unlawful processing and from loss, destruction, damage, alteration or disclosure. These measures ensure an appropriate level of security.
When you get the impression that your personal data is not appropriately secured, or if there are indications of misuse, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not store your personal data longer than necessary to achieve the purposes stated in this privacy statement, unless we are required by law to do store the personal data longer. In general this means that your personal data will be stored if one of the following situations applies:
- Your personal data are necessary to maintain our business relationship with you;
- Your personal data are necessary to protect and defend our rights and properties (usually this means for the duration of the applicable statutory time limit); or
- We are required by law to store your personal data, for example due to tax legislation.
Changes to this privacy statement
We maintain the right to unilaterally change or update this privacy statement. We will provide notice of these adjustments in accordance with the law. In case of substantive adjustments to this privacy statement, a clear notification will follow, for example via a notification on our website or via email.
Your continued use of our website after any such changes take effect will constitute acceptance of those changes. If you do not accept the updates to this privacy statement, you must cancel the use of our website
We use analytical cookies, such as Google Analytics and Hotjar. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website, to see how our website is used and where visitors are interested in. This helps us to improve our website, for example by making sure that our website visitors find what they need easily.
If you have any questions or comments about this privacy statement and/or the processing of personal data please contact us via: Torqx Capital Partners B.V., Brediusweg 43 1401 AC Bussum, 035-3037110, email@example.com, www.torqxcapital.com.
This privacy statement is last updated on 24 May 2018.